Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Prince Charming?

So, being a girl, this is (sadly, pathetically) something I think about often.  Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts on the subject.  (And it's midnight, so they're kinda thrown together pell-mell.  Forgive the numerous threads that may or may not make any sense whatsoever, or even tie off at the ends.)

You know, in the movies, the girl always falls in love with, and most often gets, the "pretty boy".  The popular guy, the jock, maybe even just a good looking nerd.  Being the type of gal that I am, I tend to notice those types of guys.  Even get a 5 second crush on them as I walk past them for the first and last time at the grocery store.  (I'm homeschooled, what can I say?  The best looking guy at my school is my younger brother and... well, lets just not go there, ok?)  But while I get crushes on those types of guys, I want to fall in love with a guy who's "pretty" on the inside.  I mean, we always talk about that as a quality for girls, but I think it applies to guys as well.  They should have honorable qualities, not just pretty features.


I want to fall in love with my best friend.  Be it one of my guy friends now, or someone I meet later on down the road.  I want him to be the one who always stood by me and held me up through the hard times.  The one who asks me what's wrong, before I even realize that something is.  I want to be able to talk to him about anything and everything.  He should be someone that I trust and feel comfortable around.  Someone who leads me spiritually and encourages me in my walk with God.

Just think of "Cinderella".  Prince Charming falls in love with her while dancing, she runs off, and apparently he can't even remember what she looks like and has to go all over the kingdom with a shoe.  Really?  Doesn't seem like there's a lot up there in his noggin.  Just my opinion, sorry.


And then look at the newer renditions of the Cinderella story?  "A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song" in which the guy falls in love with her voice and dates her stepsister because he thinks it's her.  ...but she still loves him.  And the minute he finds out it's actually her, what do they do?  Passionately kiss.  Really?  That dude's shallow.  "Another Cinderella Story" (with Selena Gomez) where he falls in love with her dance moves... just wow.  The only one I really like is "A Cinderella Story" (Hillary Duff) where she falls in love with the guy having no clue who he is, but knowing his personality.  In fact, when she finds out who he is (the popular guy at school) she tells herself the whole idea is stupid and decides to move on.  (Granted, they do end up together in the end, but only after he mans up about the whole thing.)  So, still not the greatest story ever, but much better than the others.

And yeah, it'd be awesome if he looks "cute" (guys, that's girl-speak for "handsome"), but if he's the guy God has for me, I'll see him that way even if no one else does.


---

Anyway... off my soap-box now.  :)  Feel free to offer your opinion in the comments!


Photo Credit:
http://img.addfunny.com/funnypictures/hodgepodge/63/princecharming.jpg

21 comments:

  1. Are you engaged yet? It's been like a week and a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so funny, Em. :P :)

      Delete
    2. ...and this is an inside joke, too, people. There is no engagement looming in the near future. You can all chillax.

      Delete
  2. No, not my identity!!! *goes and changes name to remain anonymous*

    ReplyDelete
  3. TECHNICALLY THAT FIRST COMMENT WOULDNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO NORMAL PEOPLE EITHER BUT OK...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAPS LOCK MAKES ME HAPPY.
    ALSO I'M TOO LAZY TO CHANGE IT BACK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LETS GO KISS HANZ!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frozen. Is. Amazing. 'Nuff said.

      Delete
  6. I HAVE THIS SPECIAL CUP THAT ONLY I CAN USE AND IT FITS LIKE A GALLON OF WATER BUT IT HAS MINNIE MOUSE ON IT SO I CALL IT MY MINI CUP SO ITS AN OXYMORON.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RANDOM THOUGHTS BY EMILY SHOULD BE A SPECIAL SEGMENT ON YOUR BLOG. NOT TO INTRUDE OR ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they certainly are now! XD

      Delete
    2. YESH. FROM NOW ON I WILL KEEP TRACK OF MY DAILY RANDOM THOUGHTS AND THEY WILL BE LIKE LITTLE COMMENT SECTION DISNEY EASTER EGGS FOR YOUR FANS.

      Delete
    3. Pretty sure that you're the majority of my fan section Em, but go for it. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. ^^inside joke, to anyone who actually takes the time to read the comments section

      Delete
  9. So this is what I get for telling my friend Emily that she can post whatever she wants in the comments section and I can decide if I post it or not. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I THINK THIS COUNTS AS THE JUNK IN THE AFORE MENTIONED DISCLAIMER...

      Delete
    2. Yes, but I love you, and so I post it anyway. Pretty sure no one reads the comment section anyway, so who cares :) It makes me laugh, and as I have yet to become famous, that's all that matters ^_^

      Delete
    3. WHAT IF THE EMILY'S RANDOM THOUGHTS SECTION MAKES YOU FAMOUS???

      Delete
    4. Then that would be awesome and I would love you forever. You up for the task? GO MAKE IT FAMOUS, MY MINION!

      Delete
    5. OH I AM SO UP FOR IT.
      NOW I'M MARY'S NINJA AND YOUR MINION... I WONDER WHAT I'LL BE NEXT XD

      Delete