Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Broken Inside


Ever done this before?  You're having a bad day, something's weighing you down, ect. and a friend notices and asks if you're okay.  My response?  "Yeah, I'm fine."

Inside, though, I'm screaming, "NO!  I'm NOT okay!  I feel like my life is falling apart!"

Why do we do that?  Why do we lie to ourselves and everyone else?  It's like, that's the standard answer.  "I'm fine."

Even after your Uncle or Great Grandpa has died and someone asks how you're doing, I can almost guarantee that the answer will be, "I'm doing okay."  I know that was my response.

Or if you're going through a rough time inside, you don't let people know that you're anything BUT okay.  It's like, people open up to you, give you the chance to let them share your burden, whatever it might be, and you won't let them.

Really?

Am I that stupid?

To refuse help when I KNOW that I need it?

WANT it, even?

We are all so broken inside, even though we don't want to admit it to anyone, including ourselves.

---

Photo Credit: 
http://24.media.tumblr.com/e0dd6d4ec9e059e20a2f2244987e104b/tumblr_mlroeoQsYM1rkyt1ro1_500.jpg

1 comment: